Bluegrass Area Agency on Aging and Independent Living is partnering with Honor My Decisions to provide free access to a digital advanced care plan to anyone 60 or older in our service area.
Honor My Decisions provides the Advanced Care Planning tools, training, and education to support relevant, meaningful Advanced Care Planning conversations, help people make and share informed care decisions, and ensure their comprehensive advance care plans are accessible and honored.
- Advance care planning is an important way for people to have a voice in their health care when they can no longer speak for themselves.
- It can help healthcare teams deliver compassionate care that preserves human dignity and aligns with a person’s values.
- Making advance care plans and discussing these issues should be normal for all adults (regardless of their health status) and should be supported at all stages of life with relevant, meaningful planning activities.
- Advance care planning is more than an advance directive or POLST document and includes thinking about, discussing, and sharing values and priorities.
- It should be a deliberative, informed process that is supported with appropriate education and resources.
- People own their advance care plan (not the healthcare system) and it should be both easy to find and for the person to make changes over time as their preferences evolve.
Interested? Email Celeste Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org to get an access code and start making your advanced care plan today.